Skip to main content

Exit WCAG Theme

Switch to Non-ADA Website

Accessibility Options

Select Text Sizes

Select Text Color

Website Accessibility Information Close Options
Close Menu
Bruce S. Rosenwater & Associates A law firm. For life.
  • Schedule a consultation today
  • ~
  • Hablamos español

West Palm Beach Modification Attorney

Court orders are common following a divorce or separation. From child support and child custody, to alimony/spousal support, these decrees may seem final, yet they are not. Following a significant change in circumstance, you may be able to modify a support or child custody order. Our West Palm Beach modification attorneys here at Bruce S. Rosenwater & Associates, P.A. can help you with this. Conversely, if the other parent or ex-spouse is seeking a modification that you do not agree with and is not in your or your child’s best interest, we can help you fight the modification request to keep things as they are.

Child Support Modifications

Florida law allows mothers and fathers to modify child support orders following a substantial change in the circumstances of the parties. This essentially means that if you or the other party have a major change in finances, the modification can be altered to meet those new set of circumstances. For example, child support could potentially be modified in the following reasons, and more:

  • Either parent loses a job;
  • Either parent gains a job or gets a pay raise;
  • Either parent inherits money from their parents;
  • The child comes down with a serious injury or disability;
  • The paying parent becomes injured, resulting in a disability that prevents them from being able to pay;
  • The custodial parent gets injured, requiring additional child care services; and
  • More.

Child Custody Modifications

One of the most hotly contested issues during divorce or separation is child custody and visitation. Child custody modification is also very common, as the circumstances upon which the court made its decision years ago may no longer be relevant. Parents change. They get new jobs, their priorities shift, they move to different cities., etc. Children change as well, as do their needs and desires. While a young child may have been better off with the stability of living in one place with one parent, that may change as they grow older, and shared physical custody may be the better option. An attorney can help you accomplish your custody and visitation modification goals, or help you keep them as they are.

Alimony Modifications

Alimony or spousal support can be changed for many of the same reasons that child support is changed. It can come as a result of a job loss or income change, an illness or disability, and more. One of the most common reasons for an alimony modification, or termination, is remarriage. If you or your former spouse have gone through a major change in circumstances, an alimony modification may be in order.

Contact Our West Palm Beach Modification Attorneys

No one’s life circumstances are static; change is inevitable, and Florida family law reflects this. If you wish to request a modification of alimony, child support, or child custody, you need to work with an experienced attorney. Our West Palm Beach modification attorneys at Bruce S. Rosenwater & Associates, P.A. can help you modify an order, or block a change that would not be in your best interest. Call 561-688-0991 to schedule a free consultation today.

Share This Page:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn

By submitting this form I acknowledge that form submissions via this website do not create an attorney-client relationship, and any information I send is not protected by attorney-client privilege.

Skip footer and go back to main navigation